12.3.12

P.D. James e il Proust Questionnaire

P.D. James ha 91 anni e risponde al Proust Questionnaire con un aplomb quintessenzialmente inglese: assolutamente meraviglioso:
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Walking by the sea with my two daughters on a perfect summer day.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Impatience.
On what occasion do you lie?
To save someone’s life, but I am grateful to say that this necessity has never arisen.
What do you dislike most about your appearance?
I would have liked longer legs.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Please answer the phone, someone - say I'm busy."
Where would you like to live?
Where I live now, in London.
What is your favorite occupation?
Writing.
What is the quality you most like in a man?
Generosity.
What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Humor.
How would you like to die?
At a great age in my sleep.
What is your motto?
One we all had during the war years, "Keep calm and carry on." Also, "Enjoy." vanityfair.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento