22.2.11

La guerra è noiosa

War is Boring: Bored Stiff, Scared to Death in the World's Worst War Zones è il titolo di un graphic novel del corrispondente di guerra David Axe e del disegnatore Matt Bors (NAL Trade) e anche il titolo di un sito web molto popolare. "The tragedy of Axe's book is not the actual tragedy of war, nor his boredom with it. It's his boredom with himself and the rest of humanity, and for this reason his account should be read by budding war reporters, so that they might safeguard themselves against developing his outlook. Axe does offer a bit of wisdom at the end, but it is cold comfort. 'The more of the world I see, the less sense it makes,' he writes: 'The more different people I meet, the less I believe in their humanity. The older I get, the less comfortable I am in my own skin….the things we can believe in shrink into a space smaller than our own bodies. To preserve them, for as long as you might, arm yourself, and be afraid." Elissa Lerner sul newyorker.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento