26.3.10

INTERVISTE 2
Q: Do you consider yourself, like Cass [il protagonista del romanzo], "an atheist with a soul"?
A: (Laughs ) I am not a believer, but I think religion is very complicated and fascinating. I sympathize with a lot of the impulses that get expressed in religious terms, for example the ontological wonder, suffused with a sense of gratitude for the grandeur of existence, that I show gripping Cass at odd moments of his life. Like Cass, I'm given to experiences of that sort, and, like Cass, I fastidiously avoid giving them religious expression, drawing any conclusions from them concerning the nature of reality. So I guess that makes me an atheist with a soul. Rebecca Newberger Goldstein, autrice di 36 Arguments For the Existence of God. A Work of Fiction (Pantheon), un romanzo su Dio e la matematica, il quotidiano e il cosmologico. haaretz.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento